Re: What are your goals?

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 05:59:02 PDT

    My sort of goals:

    In a summer in-service day (yesterday) we were urged to go back to teaching
    "values" in our classrooms. The speaker was Lucinda Johnson, from Florida.
    She suggested, simply stated objectives aimed at turning students into
    the sort
    of person each of us would like to live next door to. As a "touchy /
    feely"
    sort of teacher (not hands on) this approach appealed to me. I'm tired
    of writing
    standards and objectives about obscure technical stuff. Our students
    come to us
    with a mixed bag of values, if any at all, and they need clear guidance.
     I'm more
    concerned about turning out thinking, caring, passionate students who
    want to
    learn, that I am students who pass 33 0f 36 questions on some norm
    referenced test.
                            Thank You Lucinda, Woody in KC

    --
                           To respond to me privately via E-mail