Kicking the monkeys out in Kansas

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 05:27:42 PDT

    Victory for common sense,
            I'll have to change the "monkeys" remark at the bottom of my e-mail
    soon. Three conservatives on the 10 member Kansas State School Board
    lost their bids for re-election. That means a major shift in the board.
    The moderate republicans who won in yesterdays primary still face
    democrat challengers in November. Democrats seldom win in Kansas,
    but the results for our state wide science standards will be the same
    no matter who wins in November.
            http://kcstar.com/
    For those of you out there who know that I'm a staunch democrat living
    in a strong democrat community, my county is still in Kansas, and outside
    of Wyandotte County, Kansas is republican. Locally, our elections were
    over yesterday. Republicans don't even run candidates in my county.
    The state board of education seat was not up in my area this year. Just south
    of me, in the white suburbs, the leader of the move to rewrite science
    standards was defeated. That's in Johnson County (Overland Park, Lenexa,
    Prairie Village, etc.) where the Shawnee Mission school district is. It will
    take a while, but soon Kansas may get it's reputation back as place where
    high standards of education are valued.
            Kicking the monkeys out at last, Woody in KC

    --
                           To respond to me privately via E-mail
                               click on  wduncan

     to see Rosedale's best go to http://www.taospaint.com/BestArtist.html