RE: teacher driving you nuts....

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 20:32:26 PDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bunki Kramer [bkramer.us]
    Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2000 7:57 PM
    To: ArtsEdNet Talk
    Subject: teacher driving you nuts....

    from: Bunki Kramer (bkramer.us)
    Los Cerros Middle School
    968 Blemer Road
    Danville, CA 94526
    ************************

    What does "feciousness" mean? Do I have lots of it?

    > All of us that participate in this list are looking for ways to become
    > better. Better teachers, better facilitators, better "inspirers."
    > So how do we get rid of those that are not doing the job?> Patty

    Problem is...you can't. The only thing we can do is bitch about it...which
    we actually do quite well here. Toodles.....
    Bunki -
            We might not be able to get rid of them, but we can sometimes tame them. I
    told some fellow staff members (actually all except our boss) that I was not
    going to listen to the next person who uttered the words - It's not my job
    or it's not in my job description. The next time someone started complaining
    about having to cover for another staff member. I got up and without a word
    walked out. I think I had to do it maybe two or three more times (to
    different staff members), then they all got the message I wasn't going to
    listen or sympathize with them. In each case the person taking off had a
    legitimate reason (We have two staff members who are in physical rehab for
    injuries. People have vacation time so they can take vacations (actually
    they all need one)). I got away with it because, I'm the one that always
    helps everyone out, I show up and work their openings, and I do a portion of
    everyone's job at the Children's Art Museum - for example I fill out the
    paper work for the collections manage and then give it to her for her
    approval on disk so changes are easy. I don't have to listen to them
    anymore. They might still gripe to each other, but I don't have to listen to
    it anymore. Hey they might be complaining about me. I'm leaving the country
    and leaving them lists of things that need to be done before the close of
    the current exhibit and the opening of the next (we pack this exhibit the
    day I get back from my trip). These are things that are their jobs, or
    cannot be done before I leave (press release have to go out on a certain
    timeline for examples)
    Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
    CAM Administrator