Re: Super Saturday

From: KLMVisArt
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 18:23:00 PDT

    Hi Kimberly,
    I too was an officer in our student chapter (Rhode Island College) and got to
    go to the national conference with a fellow officer as a result- wonderful
    experience! i fortunate to work with a school nurse who had spent summers
    in Mexico. She sold papel amates (bark paintings) to me for very little
    money to help the people she befriended there. They are wonderful tempera
    paintings that are a great example of repetition. I teach them the
    history/tradition(lots can be learned through the internet) and ask them
    where they see lots of people, many animals, buildings, etc. in their own
    lives. I have a concern with multicultural island hopping, so I try to have
    them process information and then apply what they've learned to their own
    experiences. Some draw concerts, sporting events, cityscapes, but all
    inculde repetion and consideration of representing space through size and
    placement.
    Hope this helps...
    Kerry

    ---