Crayola Dream-makers

From: Sandy Sasso (sassoart)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 10:01:13 PDT

    This is an invitation to everyone, but especially to those of you in the
    Southeast region who teach K-6 grades to enter the Crayola Dream-Makers 2001
    exhibit "Dreams, Desgin, and Dimension". It is open to students nation-wide
    with 5 regional exhibits. This years Southeast Region exhibit will be in
    Murray, KY at Murray State University.

     This is a program I knew about for years; I ordered the guides from the
    company and used some of the ideas and reproductions. But two years ago I
    decided to do a school-wide art exhibit to showcase the art program, and
    from that show I selected 14 pieces which I sent to the regional exhibit.
    Two of my students were selected to be in the show and we arranged a trip to
    Washington, DC (the exhibit was at the University of Maryland). It was a
    great experience for the students and their parents as well as for me. This
    past year another of my students was accepted into the 40 chosen for the
    regional exhibit.

    This does wonders for the respect factor in running an elementary art
    program. I now have a larger budget and students who are very interested in
    this real-world opportunity. "Art can take you places" was a quote by one
    of the students who went to DC as we adults know, but it's great for a
    student to make that realization.

    I look forward to assisting Dr. Camille Serre at MSU in preparing for the
    next exhibit. Look on the www.crayola.com site for more info.

    Sandy Sasso

    ---