Re:gun control, teaching

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MaryAnn Kohl (maryann)
Fri, 30 Apr 99 16:06:38 -0700

Talking about gun control is like talking about abortion. It can go on
and on. Let's talk about how to help kids so they don't need guns,
whether banned or adult owned (constitutional). Or, let's talk about what
each of us can do to make cyihldren's lives better attended to in our
teaching arenas so they don't slip through the cracks.

>Dear Cathy,
>RE: John's letter printed below:::
>
>Who's talking about adults? You are so full of your blind rhetoric and
>indoctrination speeches of the NRA that you have ceased to think for
>yourself. The
>letter was about kids, CHILDREN, having guns, not children. BE REAl yourself.
>
>ann c
>
>cathy.cimellaro.az.us wrote:
>
>> a message from cathy . . .
>> This country is based on our Constitution. We have the right to bear arms
>> as stated in our Constitution. Take away the guns from the ordinary
>> citizen and the criminals will still have the weapons to destroy. Then
>> the ordinary citizen has no way to protect himself/herself. How can you
>> ban something that exists and will continue to exist? There will always be
>> an underground and those who want to get guns will and the ordinary person
>> will be the the victim of crime. C'mon get real!

>John

MaryAnn F. Kohl (WA)
maryann
http://www.brightring.com/books