FW: airbrush help

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rich Stephen J Contr ACC/CEVP (stephen.rich)
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 16:23:54 -0400

Thanks Sandra. Yes, this is for personal use.
I don't need much in the way of quality or colors
for my immeadiate projects; For rockwork I just
need your basic black and white and for them to
dry waterproof (and a LOT of it). I don't know much
about airbrushing, but the way things are separated
in the store leads me to believe I can't just use
any paint with an airbrush (Can I just thin house
paint?).
So..., I think from your advice then I should look
in the Sax catalogue for something called,
airbrush-use liquid colors?

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: John & Sandra Barrick [astroboy]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 1999 3:41 PM
To: Rich Stephen J Contr ACC/CEVP; artsednet list serve
Subject: Re: airbrush help

Rich Stephen J Contr ACC/CEVP wrote:

> I'm only a novice at airbrushing. The few projects
> I've done so far were small. What do I use for
> paint when I want to do big projects? The tiny jars
> of modeling paint at $3 a pop seem impractical.

Is this personal use or use at school? Because there is a versatile
inks/paints you can use for multi purpose. Rotring, and I like
Schminke Aerocolor> I can use it in a pen, with a brush or in an
airbrush. However I don't airbrush, but my husband does. This is
expensive and professional, that is why I wondered if it was for
personal use. You could look through sax catalog. There are several
liquid colors out there for airbrush use.
Sandra
astroboy