RE>artsednet-digest V2 #1406

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Cathy Cimellaro (cathy.cimellaro.az.us)
30 Apr 99 09:31:57 -0700

a message from cathy . . .
This country is based on our Constitution. We have the right to bear arms as stated in our Constitution. Take away the guns from the ordinary citizen and the criminals will still have the weapons to destroy. Then the ordinary citizen has no way to protect himself/herself. How can you ban something that exists and will continue to exist? There will always be an underground and those who want to get guns will and the ordinary person will be the the victim of crime. C'mon get real!

-------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 15:30:47 -0400
From: Jana Nicol-Holley <nicol>
Subject: Shooting in Colorado

Interesting thought I shared with my co-worker today:

It's illegal to supply a minor with cigarettes, narcotics and alcohol but not
firearms?

And his response (that he heard on the radio):
In the 30s and 40s when minorities were being lynched and hanged we didn't
blame the rope.