Re: Pick me ups

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:08:54 -0700

gregjuli wrote:

> HI all,
> As we are about to hit the last full month of the year, I feel my
> energy lagging. I'm going full steam all year and by May I'm thinking
> ---Whew! thanks goodness it's almost summer. What are some of the
> things you all do to keep that energy level up till the last school
> bell of the year rings?
> MaryB

Mary,

My strategy is to try out something new; it might be a different
culminating assignment for my printmaking unit, or to leave out one
weaving assignment and try macrame instead. The excitement I get in
teaching something a little different keeps me, and the students, going.

Going to the NAEA convention each year always gives me the impetus to
finish the school year, too. I always come back with new ideas. I can't
usually implement a whole new unit I learned there (due to lack of
supplies, lack of time to plan it, or whatever), but I can usually
incorporate a little something.

Maggie