Video Games

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Ckart (ckupcin)
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 18:44:30 -0600

Sun, Apr 25, John wrote:

>violence in the movies and in video games ( I consider
>game creation art) some say we need to teach tolerance of different beliefs.
>The visual media also music have and do influence our behaviors especially
>those that are forming their behaviors.

Whoa . . . after the hit the NEA has taken for "Piss Christ" and
Maplethorpe's work, do we really want to embrace video games (especially
the blood splattering, shoot 'em ups) as another art form? I have a
problem with these videos as an entertainment form, let alone art!

my 2 cents worth

Cheryl

  • Reply: RWilk85411: "Re: Video Games"