Response to Art/Technology Inquiry for Jackie

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
PGStephens
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 13:29:54 EDT

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Jackie Billingsley wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Jackie Billingsley. I am a high school art teacher for Bryan
> ISD. I am currently involved in a technology grant where those chosen
> have received a laptop and are required to do modules relating to
> technology in your curriculum. One of the modules deals with sending
> and receiving e-mail. As you can see, I can send. I have to print out
> 5 messages I receive dealing with instructions. This can be anything
> from an actual lesson to web sites which may help with classroom
> instructions. If any of you are interested in helping me with this, I
> would deeply appreciate it. They can be related to technology or visual
> arts.
>
> Thanks,
> Jackie (jab1997)

Jackie:

The North Texas Institute for Educators on the Visual Arts has a website with
abundant art education information including newsletters, lesson plans, and
links to a variety of museums and other art sites. Of specific interest to
your inquiry is our recent art/math newsletter that includes an article about
an online (e-mail) interview with an artist that culminated in a
collaborative writing project (also published on the site).

Our website address is included at the end of this message. After opening
the homepage, scroll down and click on newsletters, then click on art and
math newsletter. You'll find the article under "Online Communications with
an Artist".

Hope this is of help to you.

Pam Stephens
Project Coordinator