Re: Blood and knives

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Salvador Wilcox (salvador_wilcox)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 19:28:32 PDT

the body of my last message seems to have disappeared. spooky. so
here it is again.

Terri and all,

were not most people appalled by the censorship the administration at
the one school was implementing? why do we think it acceptable if we
do it at the class level? your last question merits discussion. we
seem intent on finding "warning signs" but we turn around obliterate
any chance that those signs would be evident in the art work. we seem
to outlaw so easily. that's the easiest thing to do but it is the
most detrimental. we outlaw the things we find most difficult to talk
about. that's when they become problems. why don't we just learn to
talk about these things. by not having credible discussions ("I don't
like them and don't want to be ill from looking at pictures
like that" does not give the child a chance for a credible
discussion), we let other shady avenues of discovery be the providers
of truth. isn't it better that they discuss information with us first
and not people in chat rooms?

salvador wilcox in only-53-nice-days-a-year-pittsburgh