RE: art and math integration

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:47:45 -0500

Hi Everyone, I was away for a short time because of a firewall and haven't
responded in a while.  FYI this video is available from Sax and is a hot
item.  Product #586 164J on p.36 of our Visual ArT Resource catalog.
$29.95.  Judy Nagel

http://www.saxarts.com <http://www.saxarts.com/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Kopp [kopp.16]
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 1999 11:48 AM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: art and math integration

I am developing a lesson on linear perspective (one point)  for an 8th grade
math class which I will be team teaching with the math teacher.  He is not
an artist and I am no mathematician.  Does anyone know of math formulas that
I can apply to the lesson, preferably dealing with the calculation of
distances between objects (or transversals on a 1 point persp. grid) as they
recede into the distance.  I have found many books which talk about the
ideas of Alberti, Leonardo, and Brunelleschi, but none that show their
calculations.

Oh, and if anyone is looking for a video that deals with this topic, a
really good one is called Masters of Illusion from the National Gallery of
Art.  I got my copy from the local public library.