Re: Helping our students deal with the Tragedy in CO

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla schiller (cschille.us)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:44:46 -0700 (PDT)

I'm really upset because I talked to two of our four assistant principals
this morning, in our urban, poor (Title I), gang-infested public school,
and they are planning to do exactly NOTHING!!! The head counselor even
went so far as to advise me not to bring up the topic of the shooting!
I can't understand this kind of administrative reaction. Is anyone else
experiencing this kind of reaction from their school bureacracy?
--Carla

Carla Schiller
e-mail: cschille.us
"The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other
ages you've been."
--Madeline L'Engle