Re: Kosovo

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Salvador Wilcox (salvador_wilcox)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:33:55 PDT

Judy,

It is ironic isn't it. I know the arguments for and contra. but i
also have been on the other side of U.S. agression, though some would
argue that it isn't. having been born in el salvador and lived
through the first couple years of the U.S. funded civil war (on the
side of the oppressive government i might add) I can understand the
feelings of the recipients of the bombing. the situation is 1000
times more complicated then we can and will, as civilians, know. i
just hope that it ends soon.

salvador wilcox in pittsburgh

>From: Stenger - Judith DiSalvo <jstenger>
>To: joym <joym>
>CC: artsednet.edu
>Subject: Re: Kosovo
>Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:49:48 -0400 (EDT)
>
>Somehow it doesn't make sense to try to stop violence with violence.
Kind
>of reminds me of the cartoon of a parent beating his child--"That'll
teach
>you not to hit somone smaller." But it isn't funny.
>Judy

  • Reply: carla schiller: "Re: Helping our students deal with the Tragedy in CO"