Re: Using others for profit

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MCALLANILO
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 18:44:25 EDT

In a message dated 4/20/99 12:25:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Maahmaah writes:

> And last, but
> not least, most of us are on this list (albeit in a roundabout way) for
> money. I get paid for the work I do, don't you?
Actually, I have yet to receive my first paycheck from the teaching of art
since being a part of this group. I have been a student teacher the past
three months (an unpaid internship in Indiana).

However, that is beside the point. The fact is, it is a basic assumption of
this newsgroup that everyone on this list gets paid for teaching (as your
assumption concerning this matter clearly demonstrates). It's the purpose of
this group to provide ideas and support for teachers.

I doubt that anyone on the group has gotten a pay raise because of the lesson
ideas they got here. Ms. Kohl, on the other hand, is selling those ideas.
It is a difference between creative enrichment and financial enrichment.

For the majority of us here, the only people who have been enriched by the
exchange of ideas here is our students.

marc
indpls