Re: Kohl

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MaryAnn Kohl (maryann)
Tue, 20 Apr 99 12:55:25 -0700

Harold,
Thanks for your support. I never intended to take all the ideas and
write a book. I have plenty of my own, thanks, and mine are only for
early childhood through elementary anyway. By the way, if I were to see
an idea I wanted to include in a book, I would ask that person for
permission and then give them a free book too. I've always thought this
was ok. I rarely use other people's ideas anyway.... thanks for your
message. I'm feeling horrible to have been misunderstood at this moment,
but I think it will all work out. Thanks again.
MaryAnn

>I strongly agree with the message below and would like to add that MaryAnn
>was up front and thanked people. She could have easily created a fake email
>address and identity and then skimmed whatever ideas she would have liked
>without anyone knowing.
>
>Writing a book is hard work, she should be applauded for making a
>contribution to our profession!
>
>Harold
>
>In a message dated 4/20/99 12:25:25 PM, Maahmaah writes:
>
><<Well, I have to say something here. We know MaryAnn writes books. I have
>read a few of them. If someone is so naive as to think that she is asking
>for these ideas just for some sort of hobby and will not be using them for
>her book, hey! Wake up! Of course she is compiling them for publication.
>don't see anything wrong with that. And I don't think she has been
>blind-siding anyone. It's not required that you send her your ideas. And
>any one of us, with our experiences and talents, could write books like hers
>and "make tons of money". But she is the one going out there and actually
>doing it. Good for her! I don't find her posts and requests obtrusive.
>Especially since she compiles the info for us all to read after she gets
>it.
>I rather enjoy her ideas and have found one or two I will be using in a
>class
>I'm teaching in a couple weeks. Her books reach a bunch of people who may
>have no other connection to art professionals. I for one would like to see
>her books filled with interesting ideas that motivate young kids and adults
>to experience different art materials in a variety of ways. Don't
>experiences like that for children make all our jobs easier? And last, but
>not least, most of us are on this list (albeit in a roundabout way) for
>money. I get paid for the work I do, don't you? The ideas and conversation
>on this list motivate me and help me do better work. (Which, in my case,
>get
>me more freelance teaching jobs.) I think MaryAnn is doing more good than
>harm to us all. I am not sure what the gripe is all about.>>

MaryAnn F. Kohl (WA)
maryann
http://www.brightring.com/books