Re: art and math integration

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
The Cheevers (lazydog)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 19:51:13 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_009F_01BE8A9D.FAB02920

Check the eyewitness series on Perspective. It's useful enough to buy =
for the classroom library. There are mathmatical layouts I believe and =
lots of diagrams that could be photographed in slide form for a lecture =
accompanying your class.
-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Kopp <kopp.16>
To: artsednet.edu <artsednet.edu>
Date: Sunday, April 18, 1999 12:51 PM
Subject: art and math integration
=20
I am developing a lesson on linear perspective (one point) for an =
8th grade math class which I will be team teaching with the math =
teacher. He is not an artist and I am no mathematician. Does anyone =
know of math formulas that I can apply to the lesson, preferably dealing =
with the calculation of distances between objects (or transversals on a =
1 point persp. grid) as they recede into the distance. I have found =
many books which talk about the ideas of Alberti, Leonardo, and =
Brunelleschi, but none that show their calculations.
=20
Oh, and if anyone is looking for a video that deals with this topic, =
a really good one is called Masters of Illusion from the National =
Gallery of Art. I got my copy from the local public library.

------=_NextPart_000_009F_01BE8A9D.FAB02920

Check the eyewitness series on = Perspective. It's=20 useful enough to buy for the classroom library. There are mathmatical = layouts I=20 believe and lots of diagrams that could be photographed in slide form = for a=20 lecture accompanying your class.
-----Original = Message-----