Re: fragile greene ware

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Numo Jaeger & Michael Miller (jaegmil)
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 06:50:32 -0700

I have noticed over the years that some clays are more fragile than others.
Try using a clay body with more grog in it. That may help...

To increase green strength to a clay body you can put fiberglass fibers
into the clay. You'd fun into problems with the noxious fumes when firing
it though.

Have you tried fixing broken sections with "paper clay"?

A demonstration repeated several times over the semester on the fragility
of bone dry ware may be helpful too.

Numo

Numo Jaeger
Studio One Art Center