Re: listserv dialects

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:32:21 -0500

Hey ,we in Wisconsin like our bubblers-lol. I just always wondered why everyone
else sounds so different. Once when I went to Idaho and asked for a soda they
said they didn't have any and yet I could see the dispenser behind the
counter! It was called POP -lol. And a friend recently asked for an ice tea in
Georgia and got a confused look on the waitresses face----- "You mean sweet
tea?" she said.
I'm glad all of us have one common language ----ART !!!!

MaryB ( hate beer ,but lovin my Wisconsin cheese- hey don't ya know!)