Re: music to illustrate

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 20:21:06 -0500

Karlawald wrote:

> Has anyone tried having the students listen to classical music (or any music
> without words) to try to create images that look like the sound they just
> heard?

The Disney movie "Fantasia" has so many great segments. One of them is
the part where each of the instruments in the orchestra is introduced
with patterns of colored lines representing the various sounds. Showing
the kids just this little segment could get them revved up about this
idea.
Linda in Michigan