Re: "Morning Has Broken"

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla schiller (cschille.us)
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 17:18:02 -0700 (PDT)

Your comment raises an issue for me. I liked Cat Stevens' music very
much. At some point, however, he converted to Islam, became a supremist
and publicly supported the death threat against Salmon Rushdie. I haven't
been able to get myself to listen to his music since.

I have the same problem with Woody Allen. I used to love his movies, but
since he committed what I consider child abuse by having sex with his
then-significant-other's (Mia Farrow) daughter Soon Yi, I won't go see his
movies.

How do the rest of you handle art you like created by people you despise?
I'd be curious to know.

--Carla

Carla Schiller
e-mail: cschille.us
"The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other
ages you've been."
--Madeline L'Engle