Re: Wichita State

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Scurfield (scurfield)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 13:06:46 -0500

Betty Bowen wrote:

> >>Peter London is coming to
> >>Wichita State University this summer to present a workshop and
>
> can you tell me more? I'm just in Oklahoma, and would love to go.
> Betty
Hi Betty!
The 1999 Art Education Summer Institute: "Direct Encounters with the
Real World--Community Based Art Education" will feature Peter London and
will be held on June 15-17, 1999, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The
registration fee is $25 before May 14 and $35 after May 14. If wishing
to get graduate credit, the course meets from June 14-19 for 3 credit
hours. Newly renovated dormitory space is available and we always seem
to have a group of people who come from out of town. To register, send
a check payable to Wichita Art Museum, mailed to Mary Sue Foster, Art
Education Program, Wichita State University, Wichita, KS 67260-0067.
Daytime phone is (316) 978-3555 or e-mail: msfoster1
Peter London is a professor at the University of Massachusetts at
Dartmouth and author of the book, Community Based Art Education. The
sixth annual Art Education Study Institute is sponsored in partnership
with Wichita State University, Wichita Art Museum, Arts Partners, USD
259--Wichita Public Schools and partially funded by a Kansas Arts
Commission Grant via the National Endowment for the Arts, which no doubt
accounts for such value for the registration fee. When I attended the
first institute in 1994 the registration fee was $150.
Hope this is the info you wanted--Marcia