Re: Rainforest/Animals

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 18:12:39 -0700

Sages7 wrote:

> Hi, I am a new subscriber. I am looking for any advice, information, lessons,
> etc. concerning the rainforest and or animals. I teach K-5 art and am really
> excited about working environmental issues into the classroom. Would
> appreciate any interesting projects anyone has to offer.
>
> Thanks!!
> Heather :)

Hi, Heather,

Welcome to our group. To start with, pick a particular rainforest and
use that as your starting point. They're not all the same; each has
indigenous peoples, plants, and animals found in no other. You can
include the native arts of that region as well as basic botany and
zoology--carefully observing and illustrating the various flora and
fauna. Sounds like a good starting point for teaching color mixing, too;
how many different greens can they mix?

And along with our recent art and music thread, I always think of jungles
when I hear that song...whatsitcalled...Oweemeway? It's an oldie. I'm
sure someone out there can come up with a title and name of the group.

Maggie