Detective Trajan

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Ayesha Jones (ayeshajones)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 10:09:11 -0700 (PDT)

I looked at Time Detectives on ArtsEdNet. Wow! I haven't talked to my
students, although we'll be getting to ancient Rome soon.

I wonder, though, about the conclusions they'd draw about Roman life
from the Forum. I mean, this was a pretty fancy and special place. I
imagine they'd conclude that all Romans lived in marble palaces and
that ancient life was all grandeur and white marble and big wide open
spaces. But the ordinary people were crammed into apartments
surrounding the forums. How does this all fit in? How do we get at this
for our students through Trajan's forum?