Re: happy 99 virus

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Wed, 07 Apr 1999 16:49:01 -0700

menichino wrote:

> With regard to Happy 99 -- how can I tell if the occasional attachments to
> artsednet posts are OK to open or if they may contain a virus? I usually
> delete the messages before opening any attachments, but I feel I may be
> missing some good art stuff by doing that....

I feel the same, but I still won't open attachments, especially now that
we've seen Melissa, which disguised itself as coming from a friend. What
I do is write down the attachment's Web address and type it in on my
browser.

Can someone verify if even this is safe? Can a virus be downloaded from
a Web site?

Maggie