Re: happy 99 virus

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Walter Krueger (wkrueger)
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 09:49:36 -0800

At 9:33 AM -0700 04/07/99, Rob Morey wrote:
>Hi again, just to let you know, if no one has said anything yet, the
>Happy99 virus was attached to your transmission #1342.  It was not
>attached to the next transmission, #1343. I can't tell you how much I
>appreciate your service. Keep up the great work. rob morey

Hi, all:

I did some brief research on Happy99. Turns out it is more properly called
a "worm" than a "virus."

If anyone is "concerned" about this pest, as I have been recently, may I
suggest that you (or your system operator) consult the following web site:

http://www.symantec.com/pysmac.html (It also has "Melissa!")

If you click on "Happy99.worm" It will give complete instructions as to how
to eradicate this unwanted pest.

Also to see if *any* virus is real or is a hoax, this is the page...

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html

Informationally yours...
Walter Krueger, Portland OR