RE: Best Acrylic Paint

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nagel, Judy (JNagel)
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:58:41 -0500

FYI If anyone would like to sample the Sax brand of acrylics (or tempera)
please send me your address and I'll have some sent. Thanks, Judy

http://www.saxarts.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Maggie White [mwhite]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 1999 7:46 AM
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: Re: Best Acrylic Paint

Gail1611 wrote:

> So what kind of acrylic paint do you all love. I've got white and yellow
that
> doesn't cover after 2 or 3 coats. Paint that comes out in cottage cheese
> form. What say you? Gail

I've been using Liquitex Basics for a few years now. The best price I've
seen is about $3.99 per tube (okay, I have a good budget!) I had been
using Sax's own brand, which has a good consistency, and I think I
remember it mixed well. The reason for the switch was I wanted to try
the color wheel suggested in a book, which uses two of each primary
color. Sax didn't have that range.

Blickrylic is the worst, at least in tubes. It's very runny and
transparent. After all these years, I still have some tubes. Those are
what I generously lend to other teachers ;)

Maggie