Re: Best Acrylic Paint

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Wed, 07 Apr 1999 05:45:47 -0700

Gail1611 wrote:

> So what kind of acrylic paint do you all love. I've got white and yellow that
> doesn't cover after 2 or 3 coats. Paint that comes out in cottage cheese
> form. What say you? Gail

I've been using Liquitex Basics for a few years now. The best price I've
seen is about $3.99 per tube (okay, I have a good budget!) I had been
using Sax's own brand, which has a good consistency, and I think I
remember it mixed well. The reason for the switch was I wanted to try
the color wheel suggested in a book, which uses two of each primary
color. Sax didn't have that range.

Blickrylic is the worst, at least in tubes. It's very runny and
transparent. After all these years, I still have some tubes. Those are
what I generously lend to other teachers ;)

Maggie