Re: the absolute best tempera paint....

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Tue, 06 Apr 1999 19:33:24 -0400

Bunki Kramer wrote:

> *****************
> >The best tempera paint that I have found is SAX Tru Color. I buy it in the
> >gallon jugs and keep it out for the students to use. It never clogs the
> >pump like the other tempera brands do. It's thick and my students love it.
> >Carolyn Roberts
> *****************
>
> I agree also with SAX True Color. After trying for years to find just the
> right tempera paint that has the truest blue and red (forget Crayola), one
> that mixes to purple almost perfectly (skip Artista), one that's not too
> thick (don't bother with Jazz), one that comes in gallons with pumps but
> the pumps don't stick (again forget Jazz), one you don't have to add water
> to smooth it out into a normal consistency, not too watery and the mice
> won't eat (avoid Prang), I discovered SAX's own namebrand...True Color.

Okay the WISE one(Le Bunk) has spoken. LOL 8) I shall if ever given
the opportunity to buy supplies try this. I have been at the mercy
of parents to buy their kids supply or not given a budget worth
buying anything-but what was already purchased by the REG.(for lack
of better term) teachers. I still like prang w.c and brushes. I am
psyched though since I will be starting my multi cultural process
oriented developmental preschool art class and an art club as well.
I get to buy my own supplies!!!! HooRay> now watch them stick me
with the paint left over from last year!
Tally Ho,
Sandra
astroboy