Re: artsednet-digest V2 #1339

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Tue, 06 Apr 1999 15:51:00 -0400

MaryAnn Kohl wrote:

> >I have a materials question. What is the best type of tempera paint? The
> >Crayola paint we have been using is easy to use, but the quality is uneven.
> >Any suggestions?
>
> This is not a true tempera, but I have been enjoying BioColor from
> Discount School Supply. It is very bright, a bit transparent, and if you
> paint on a window, it peels off. It has an acyrlic base, I think. Also
> very washable.
>
> Anyway, check it out at;
>
> http://www.earlychildhood.com
> (Web site of Discount School Supply)
>
> They have many wonderful paints.

> MaryAnn F. Kohl
> maryann
> http://www.brightring.com/books

This is my first year with their paints. I like the liquid
watercolor and they are very bright colors but, (BUT) I do not like
the flexible paint!!!( not sure if it's the same brand- we are on
spring break) This cracks and peels and does not produce true color
mixing when dried. My director bought her supplies before I was
hired and it is filled with brands I'm not use to. I do use Artista
Tempera II because it is cheaper than crayola and I like to have
some jars of powder for other purposes. I do recommend the biocolor
watercolor though. Hard watercolor I choose- PRANG
they have consistently upheld the quality of their brushes and the
paints outlast the crayola- plus you can refill the trays if you can
find refills- if not keep them and squirt w.c. from a tube or
liquid.
Sandra
astroboy