Re: clay project ideas for 5th graders-help!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Melissa Chaney (meemo)
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 22:58:30 -0500

--------------5347507F890CE76E464AFC80

Oh please share your project about ceramic insects. I'm sure others are
interested as well.

river002 wrote:

> Sher, Since you've been doing all that preparation, you have the basis
> for a couple of great clay units! Two items come to mind: one, take the
> plant drawings, transfer them to handmade tiles and adhere them to
> plywood
> with mastic. This creates a wonderful frame around a window in the
> school. This was done very successfully in my school 2 years ago and
> still brings admiring comments. (Plus it leaves behind a little part of
> those fifth graders!) Secondly, another success with fifth graders and
> clay was to create dragonflies, lizards, caterpillars, etc. during a
> ecological study of creatures indigenous to our area. We glazed the
> creatures and placed them outside in an area near the Butterfly
> Garden. I'll be happy to share more details later if these
> ideas are generating any dendrites, right now it's late and I can't believe
> I'm sitting here pounding away at the keyboard. Let me know......
>
> "...5th grade so far has been concentrating on values and still lifes and
> using values to make objects look real,,,,, plus they are using ezcut for
> relief
> printing; drawing plants from outside for the subject matter..."

--------------5347507F890CE76E464AFC80

begin: vcard
fn: Melissa Chaney
n: Chaney;Melissa