Re: clay project ideas for 5th graders-help!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Melissa Chaney (meemo)
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 22:54:37 -0500

--------------B2A563B405666808C4F0DA49

Have you tried cookie jars or tea pots? My 2nd graders make frogs and I've
done bells and rattles. I know there is a lesson for clay whistles but I've
never tried it.

Sher wrote:

> Hi All! Im so jealous of all you who went to dc!!! how exciting it must
> have been!!
> I need some help and who better to ask than you guys!! I want to do a
> different clay project this year with my 5th graders. In the past we did
> slab constrution containers and it could be anything their little minds
> could think of but it had to be made from slabs and be a container...
> well for some reason my 5th graders seem to loose their creativity and I
> would get cylinders and cubes!! some one did a cool triangular shoe
> once! So Im trying to think up something fun... my kindergarteners make
> clay beads, 1st make aztec clay suns, 2nd (new this year) make japanese
> tea cups, 3rd make pueblo coil clay pottery and 4th make gothic
> gargoyles. my school is incorporating the heirsh core ..... 5th grade
> so far has been concentrating on values and still lifes and using values
> to make objects look real,,,,, plus they are using ezcut for relief
> printing; drawing plants from outside for the subject matter....soooooo
> after all of that are there any ideas out there in cyber land!!!:)
> thanks for your support, in advance:)
>
> sher

--------------B2A563B405666808C4F0DA49

begin: vcard