Re: Off topic-feathers

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Fri, 02 Apr 1999 15:56:07 -0500

Dianna, I think this is such a lovely idea for you and your son. I have
some swan and pheasant feathers and probably a blue jay or two to share.
We have lots of cardinals but I could swear they never loose their
feathers! My step daughter did her vet tech internship at a local zoo
and got me some beautiful feathers from the zoo birds. Another great
place to get pretty feathers is from the exhibitors of fancy poultry at
the State Fair. Some of those birds have absolutely gorgeous plummage
and their feathers are often discarded when the exhibitors clean out the
cages. One word of caution, though. I believe it is illegal to collect
the feathers of protected species like song birds. Maybe some folks on
the list would know more about this. Anyway, if you email me your
address, I'll forward a few from my collection to yours.
Linda in Michigan