Re: NAEA One more long one

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 05:38:15 -0800

Nagel, Judy wrote:

> First of all, to set the record straight, the vendors love
> this convention. The first hour is kind of scary for a new person, but us
> veterans (old) just kind of take it in stride. I guess I can only speak for
> myself, but I love the enthusiasm. We do see some greedy individuals but
> for the most part, we want the samples to be in your hands.

Hi, Judy,

So glad to hear you vendors like the national. I always feel so
embarassed of our profession at the exhibit, with all the pushing and
shoving and grabbing and theft. I've found that if you stop and talk
with the reps, ask questions, and show a sincere interest in some of
their products, they will often slip you or send you a sample that isn't
up for grabs, or even for sale there. So I guess you're right--they do
want their products in our hands, and it sure builds good will.

<snip>

> As far as the nametags are
> concerned, I'm sorry I didn't communicate better. There were enough
> nametags for each individual to have one for each day. If the Getty does
> not do a nametag next year, I would be open for suggestions and Sax will
> consider doing something more useful.

I really appreciate your doing the nametags. They sure stood out! It
was so much easier to ID each other from a distance: before, I was
always staring at everyone's chest to see who they were. It was great
meeting you and the others, and getting together for breakfast. And
thanks again for picking up the tab!

Maggie