Re: Assessment

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
freckles spots (freckles_spot)
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 15:07:05 PDT

I agree with you 100%. Don't get me wrong...there are alot of wonderful
art teachers (like the ones on this list) that really care about the
arts and teaching them to their students. But I know one teacher that
spends an entire month on the AAA poster contest....because they give
money to the student, teacher and school. I too, feel that teachers
should be held accountable. And it will give us art teachers the
respect that we are always complaining about in here.

>From: RWilk85411 <RWilk85411>
>Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 06:03:41 EDT
>To: artsednet.edu
>Subject: Assessment
>
>It looks like assessment is still coming. I for one will be glad to see
arts
>teachers held accountable. I know some teachers who will have to start
>teaching art(music, theater, dance) instead of projects. Of course
there are
>some principals who will have to increase funding for the arts
programs. Our
>school will have a fine arts major either next year or the next. We are
brand
>new and don't have a junior or senior class this year so we have to
move a
>little more slowly. I hope we will start addressing assessment at the
state
>level soon. I am so tired of hearing,"Oh, you can't assess what we do."
And of