Re: book on great masters

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
elwood p dowd (harvey96)
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 16:58:08 -0400

plse esplain to your students that nudity in art is
not "bad' or "nasty". the human body is beautiful
and artist has been copying it since the begining
of time. our sociaty is too "tight" over this naked
picture issue. what do you all think ???

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998 10:24:42 -0700 Lynda Brothers Matthew
<brosart> writes:
>I was just looking through a Sax catalogue and saw a book entitled
>"Techniques of the Great Masters". It looks like a great book, but the
>thing that got me was the last sentence of the write-up..."Includes
>some
>nudity." Isn't it all going too far? Will we soon have to put that
>phrase
>on all listings for gallery shows in the paper, and all museums (This
>museum is rated R for some nudity that might be harmful to children!)?
>
>Just a vent.
>Lynda

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]