Re: Student teaching mini lesson & my two cents!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
elwood p dowd (harvey96)
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 17:00:16 -0400

art should, NEVER be taught in inches and bite size pieces. teachers
should have 60 minutes to teach any grade level. if not lets
all go back to making art out of pipe cleaners, pie plates and
glitter.

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 09:30:08 -0400 John & Sandra Barrick
<astroboy> writes:
>Sounds intriguing but does it really take 15 minutes? This must be for
>older grades. It also reminds me of a lesson I did with Gauguin,I had
>the kids close their eyes and visualize a beach scene.They were
>grammar
>age and that was something they could relate to.(it's a more involved
>lesson then that but not for now) I've incorporated music in some of
>the lessons but I don't know abot this new discussion on assessment. I
>wouldn't want to be responsible for teaching all the Arts. One is
>enough,incorporating elements of others are okay. I'd rather have a
>music teacher/musician teaching Music. A theatre major teaching
>theatre.
>etc.
>
>I think I would tell the student teacher that being prepared is the
>best
>thing.
>I'm not going to give advise on an interview since I haven't had one
>go
>that far to show my students work. Although now to think of it some of
>the kids I taught have graduated highschool.(I had them when they were
>4-5).
>Find out the age she will be teaching and make the lesson she shows to
>be age appropriate.
>There are so many lessons posted the last few months since I started,
>I'd tell her to go to the archives and go through a few herself.
>This is a good resource,she needs to become familiar with it. Have her
>also look up the lesson's on the Getty web page.
>
>Sandra
>

>Mike Delaney wrote:
>>
>> what I think woul be good would for her to teach the lesson with the
>> different intellihgences. Like: Play classical muasic quietly.
>Have them
>> close their eyes and visualize what ashe is telling them. I narrate
>> story about the elements of design.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]