Re: Student teaching mini lesson & my two cents!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 09:30:08 -0400

Sounds intriguing but does it really take 15 minutes? This must be for
older grades. It also reminds me of a lesson I did with Gauguin,I had
the kids close their eyes and visualize a beach scene.They were grammar
age and that was something they could relate to.(it's a more involved
lesson then that but not for now) I've incorporated music in some of
the lessons but I don't know abot this new discussion on assessment. I
wouldn't want to be responsible for teaching all the Arts. One is
enough,incorporating elements of others are okay. I'd rather have a
music teacher/musician teaching Music. A theatre major teaching theatre.

I think I would tell the student teacher that being prepared is the best
I'm not going to give advise on an interview since I haven't had one go
that far to show my students work. Although now to think of it some of
the kids I taught have graduated highschool.(I had them when they were
Find out the age she will be teaching and make the lesson she shows to
be age appropriate.
There are so many lessons posted the last few months since I started,
I'd tell her to go to the archives and go through a few herself.
This is a good resource,she needs to become familiar with it. Have her
also look up the lesson's on the Getty web page.