Re: Student teaching mini lesson & my two cents!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 09:30:08 -0400

Sounds intriguing but does it really take 15 minutes? This must be for
older grades. It also reminds me of a lesson I did with Gauguin,I had
the kids close their eyes and visualize a beach scene.They were grammar
age and that was something they could relate to.(it's a more involved
lesson then that but not for now) I've incorporated music in some of
the lessons but I don't know abot this new discussion on assessment. I
wouldn't want to be responsible for teaching all the Arts. One is
enough,incorporating elements of others are okay. I'd rather have a
music teacher/musician teaching Music. A theatre major teaching theatre.
etc.

I think I would tell the student teacher that being prepared is the best
thing.
I'm not going to give advise on an interview since I haven't had one go
that far to show my students work. Although now to think of it some of
the kids I taught have graduated highschool.(I had them when they were
4-5).
Find out the age she will be teaching and make the lesson she shows to
be age appropriate.
There are so many lessons posted the last few months since I started,
I'd tell her to go to the archives and go through a few herself.
This is a good resource,she needs to become familiar with it. Have her
also look up the lesson's on the Getty web page.

Sandra