Re: winslow homer

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
bkingman
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:15:35 EDT

For Mary Cassatt, do pastel portraits. The students can do themselves
and another person who is dear to them, such as a sibling, parent,
friend. I have done these with first grade, and they are wonderful. I
also read Mike Venezia's book on Mary Cassatt when introducing Cassatt.
Hope this helps.
Holly

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998 22:46:29 EDT MRJWITZ <MRJWITZ> writes:
>I'm the children's literature person...and now I have a question for
>everyone
>else!!!!!!I wnat to do a unit on w. Homer..grade level around second
>or third.
>does anyone have any ideas for projects I can coorelate to the study
>of this
>artist? How about Mary Cassatt for mother's day...what can I do to
>teach about
>Mary and her love for drawing children and
>mommies.......medium??????theme????????thanx robin

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]