Re: Info on Shoson

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jane Shiflett Manner (jmanner)
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 22:44:09 -0400

At 09:09 PM 4/26/98 -0400, you wrote:

> Your website "link" for artsednet-ters
>DID show up in blue - so that was good!
>I tried clicking on the site you suggested
>but "it is unknown" I have a feeling
>that this site is a good one-- sooooo
>would you mind posting it again - at artsednet or to my e-mail address?

I had the link for the images
http://www.bahnhof.se/~secutor/ukiyo-e/artkos01.html
which apparently won't work. It is in the Gardner sequence on the "Japan"
page http://www.harbrace.com/art/gardner/NonEuro.html#Japan
Scroll down to UKIYO-E. There is text at the beginning then an image with
Koson/Shoson's name. Also I am terrible about making typos and the first
message I sent had a typo. The second was correct. I have Eudora for
e-mail and I don't have spell check.

I'm glad you introduced yourself. Our ages are similar, but I'm not ready
to retire. After being out of teaching for 8 years, I've been back four.
I really enjoy teaching and find I am able to do as well as I did in the
70s and 80s. I "burned out" in 86, so my thoughts were very clear when I
returned.

This computer was a gift from my children. I had a 12 year old MAC which I
thought served me quite well, though it was just for word processing and
seems ridiculous now.

I teach high school and our annual art show goes up tomorrow so I have many
tasks to complete now. Maybe we can get to know each other better later.
I'll keep the links you sent for a less harried time. Thanks.

Does everyone get burned as they start on this net? Perhaps it should be
mentioned to those who erronously send their "drop" notices to everyone.
There are only a few who cause hard feelings, while most are well
intentioned and knowledgeable.

Let me know if my link works now.

Jane from Georgia