Re: (no subject)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Adriana Portella (portella.br)
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 01:24:09 -0300

-----Mensagem original-----
De: BluesTruth <BluesTruth>
Para: Artsednet.edu <Artsednet.edu>
Cc: BluesTruth <BluesTruth>
Data: Domingo, 26 de Abril de 1998 16:16
Assunto: (no subject)

>Hi, Art people--
>Goin' back to work after spring break--anyone involved in the celebration
of
>Cinco de Mayo? Need a small project-taking only 1/2 hour-(that's how long
>have with them)-
>(1-4th grade). What are you doing in your school to celebrate the holiday?
>Also, what do you guys do for "Mother's Day? " I need a cheap project,
short
>term, etc.

Cheap projects???
We know what does it mean...
At our school we usually invite the Moms for a party. Last year we prepared
games and it was funny!!! They were in teams, each one had one color and
they enjoyed the competition.
Probably you cannot do that...
We are using the wood that fixes de ice cream ( I really don't know how to
call it) to make picture holders. You can paint it or burn it with that
special machine that I cannot say in English. Here we call it pirografo...
We use newspapers to make baskets. Have you seen that?
You take the pages, make small tubes, join the tubes and start making the
basket.
It's easy. After that, you paint it!

>P.S. A lot of my kids do not have moms. How do YOU handle this????

We call everybody to the party, even grandmmoms, aunts, dads... Who knows???
We try to talk about that during the classes because it's a common situation
here in Brazil.
But, more than solving a simple problem, we discuss that the model of family
that is inside some books and soap operas is not as true as we think...

>(There's SO much we didn't learn in college, right?!)

I hope it can help...
Um beijo,
Adri