Re: Rhythm in Visual Arts, Music, and Movement

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jane Shiflett Manner (jmanner)
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 16:32:26 -0400

At 12:35 PM 4/25/98 -0600, you wrote:
Historical and social concepts discussed with children include the
>differences between a "trip", a "journey" and a "migration", social
>conditions in the U.S. in the 1920's and contemporary factors that
>encourage peple to make a trip, journey or migration. (Many families have
>moved to our area looking for better living situations for their children.
>This lesson attempts to honor those choices.)

I hated that I felt constrained in sending your entire post back in my
reply to the net! I certainly hope everyone read your post. This is such
a superb multicultural lesson! I know you were presenting it as a lesson
on rhythm and it is also wonderful for that, but I feel sometimes we stray
from the intent of multicultural lessons and this one is so perfect: "Many
families have moved to out area...This lesson attempts to honor those
choices." And in doing so, it shows respect for diversity. Summa cum laude!!!

Jane