Re: Shrinky-dinks

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:26:56 -0700

Wendy Manning wrote:

> Sandra Hildreth wrote:
> >
> > Shrinky-dinks came up as a topic a number of months ago, and someone
> > said you could make your own by using the rigid clear plastic they use
> > for salad bar or take-out food containters, etc. I tried it and it
> > worked great.
>
> I remember my kids' playschool teacher made shrinkies with styrofoam
> meat trays, permanent markers,and a toaster oven. They didn't shrink
> quite as much as the real stuff but were still pretty neat.

Yow, it seems there would be a very high potential for hazardous fumes in
the classroom, and be potentially damaging to the environment if you do it
outside. Okay, so making a couple dozen of these won't melt the polar ice caps,
but shouldn't we do everything we can to reduce the risk to the environment?
I REALLY enjoy sending my students out to draw and paint on these fine spring
days!

Maggie**remove x in address to reply