Re: scheduling

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:12:48 -0400

I don't know what the standards are for art but they really should be
the same for other subjects. defiantly call up the district and ask what
state ratio is there. They must get adequate supervision even if it is a
volunteer. If this does not work then have a meeting with the
administration about getting responsible volunteers. Be courteous but
explain art is just another subject, the kids don't miraculously change
because they are in art class. If anything they are more
exuberant,almost as good as recess to some. You need the same
consideration and thinking of child development standards they should
know better.Suggest parent volunteers and perhaps a close college could
send over a teaching assistant for credit. If all else fails look for a
job in a private school,they are hard to come by but they do cap their
class size. My son's never been in a class of more than 24.
I worked in preschools and even after school care,that's when they
really abuse the system!
Sandra

We have over 1000 kids, and have tracks so that