Re: artsednet-digest V2 #754

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Paul Nagle (pgn_smsd.pa.us)
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:56:07 -0400

Late Baroque, Neo Classical and Rococo are not periods but are styles
which came out of various sociological influences during the period of
time outlined for these styles. Baroque as a counter reformation
movement, Neo Classical as a style adopted by the revolutionaries to
replace the frivolous decorative style of Louis XIV - rococo. Rococo
also traveled into Germany and Austria - think Mozart. If you go back
and look at how the styles are described in Janson and Gardener's it
seems like they are sequential but they are not. These are styles which
came out of the religious and class revolutions in dentral and southern
Europe during this time period. Neo Classicism extends to the