Re: Teaching Watercolor

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla schiller (charwitt.us)
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 22:45:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Glennis Dolce wrote:

> Personally, I have never thought of watercolor as a "lessor" medium but
> perhaps others have.

I had the opportunity to visit the new Getty recently (beautiful site),
and particularly enjoyed one room devoted to 18th and 19th century
pastels. One picture was very large (the largest pastel drawing ever
done, according to the audio-tour), and evidently the artist's purpose in
creating such a large and detailed portrait was to dispel the notion that
pastel was a "lesser" medium. He definitely proved his point to my
satisfaction!!

Hope this is of interest...
Carl