Re: Marbelizing

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Ruth Voyles (rvoyles)
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 17:47:16 -0400

We have used the chalk for marbelizing. Watercolor paper does seem to work
better that other types of paper. It takes the color better and holds up
in the water better as well. No need to use a fixative either.

Ruth Voyles
Family Center and
Early Childhood Education Supervisor
The Toledo Museum of Art
P.O. Box 1013
Toledo, Ohio 43697
(419)255-8000 Ext. 236
e-mail:rvoyles
rvoyles

----------
> From: Alix E. Peshette <apeshet>
> To: Gail1611 <Gail1611>; artsednet.edu
> Subject: Re: Marbelizing
> Date: Wednesday, April 22, 1998 5:51 PM
>
> > From: Gail1611 <Gail1611>
> > Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 23:37:02 EDT
> > To: artsednet.edu
> > Subject: Marbelizing
>
> Hi Gail,
> Thanks for the great chalk idea! Was any sort of fixative or
> thickener used in this process? I have boxes of that chalk; it has
> the most wonderful colors. We used to do chalk murals on the school
> sidewalks, but in this day and age, I am too worried about pilfered
> chalk and graffiti!
>
> -Alix Peshette
>

> > Hi, I noticed we've been talking about marbleizing with origami
paper. When
> > I was at the art convention I saw a demo of Ambrite Chalk by Prang.
They
> > scrapped some of the chalk on water and then put the paper on it. The
effect
> > was beautiful. They used water color paper to "pick up" the chalk swirl
but I
> > bet any other paper would do it. Has anyone else use this chalk ?
Gail