Re: Shrinky Dinks

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Alix E. Peshette (apeshet)
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 21:48:03 +0000

> Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 21:12:42 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Sidnie Miller <sidmill.us>
> To: CRIZMACinc <CRIZMACinc>
> Cc: artsednet.edu
> Subject: Re: Shrinky Dinks

Hi Sidnie and All,
All this talk about shrinky dinks reminds me of a plastics technique I
used to do. Take plastic Easter eggs, nest them inside of each other
and put into a toaster oven for about 30 seconds. The eggs melt and
collapse into the most wonderfully surreal flower shapes. Caution is
needed: the fumes are toxic and the toaster oven can never be used
for food again!! Needless to say, I only have done this project in
pursuit of my own art, not with students.

In the pursuit of art, I now have a collection of kitchen appliances
that can only be used for art; the paper pulp blender, plastics
toaster oven, etc. :-)

-Alix Peshette
patty melt anyone?