Re: Introduction - Don't read if an Art Educator Purist!

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla schiller (charwitt.us)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 22:54:32 -0700 (PDT)

Kieran - Wow, are your kids and their teachers lucky to have a parent like
you!! I wish all the parents of my students had your terrific attitude. I
teach Art History, as I am a Historian/Social Scientist (whatEVER!), but I
use parents in several different ways - as drivers and/or chaperones on
class trips, as invited guests to plays and things (this applies more to
my History classes), and as guest speakers. If I ever get organized
enough, I probably will ask some of them to come in and help out with
project preparation, room decoration, and a class newsletter I keep
fantasizing about but never seem to get started.

Hope this helps.
--Carla

P.S. I have 3 children myself -- 10, 14 and (I can hardly believe it) 20.

Carla Schiller, Esq.
Teacher, Highly Gifted Magnet
North Hollywood High School, CA
e-mail: charwitt.us
"When you know a thing, to hold that you know it; and when you do not
know a thing, to allow that you do not know it--this is knowledge."
--Kongzi (Confucius)